Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Degrees & Professional Registration
- Ph.D. in Engineering (Concentration: Civil Engineering), The University of New Mexico, 2019.
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Universidade Federal Fluminense (Brazil), 2010.
- M.B.A. in Economics and Financial Engineering, Universidade Federal Fluminense (Brazil), 2006.
- B.Eng. in Industrial Electrical Engineering emphasis Electronic, Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica Celso Suckow da Fonseca (Brazil), 1996.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), since 2003.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), since 1998.
- Risk management in Construction
- Construction Project Management
- New Technologies in Construction (e.g., Immersive Reality, Modular/Off-site Construction)
- Two years working as a self-employed consultant and instructor in Brazil. Consulting services related to project/operation management and training development. Courses related to project and risk management. Research related to construction and risk management.
- 12 years working as a project management consultant in construction for the Oil and Gas field in Brazil, in construction capital programs/projects up to US$ 8.3 billion (off-shore and on-shore) projects.
- Seven years as a project coordinator/software developer in the Information Technology field - e-Learning products, applications for the government sector, and manufacturing.
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Invited Talks:
- Haddad, Assed N., Barzellay Ferreira da Costa, Bruno, and Garrido Martins, Claudia. Assessing the Applicability of Earned Value Management in the Construction Industry. International Journal of Sustainable Construction Engineering and Technology. 2022. (accepted).
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Bogus, Susan M., and Valentin, Vanessa. Perceptions of Construction Risks due to Fast-Track Activity Overlapping. International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management. 2021. (under review)
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Bogus, Susan M., and Valentin, Vanessa. Classifying Risks using Clustering for Effective Fast-Track Construction Project Management. International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management. 2021. (under review)
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Valentin, Vanessa, and Bogus, Susan M. Conceptual Quantitative Model to Group Risks in Fast-Track Construction Projects. 2019 ASCE International Conference on Computing in Civil Engineering(i3CE), Atlanta, GA, June 17 – June 19. 2019.
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Bogus, Susan M., and Valentin, Vanessa. Assessment of Project Risks in Fast-Track Construction Projects: An Evaluation of Risk Mitigation Responses. 2019 CSCE/CRC Construction Specialty Conference, Montreal, QC, Canada, June 12 – 15. 2019.
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Ghanbari, Laleh, Wang, Chao, and Moreu, Fernando. Development of a Conceptual Model for Accelerated Project Prioritization after Disaster Event. 2019 Tran-SET Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas, April 11 – 12. 2019.
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Valentin, Vanessa, and Bogus, Susan M. Risk Assessment in Fast-Track Construction Projects: A conceptual model. Proceedings of the 2017 CSCE/CRC Construction Specialty Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, May 31 – June 3. 2017.
- Garrido Martins, Claudia, Morano, C. A. R., Ferreira, M. L. R, and Haddad, A. N. Risk identification techniques knowledge and application in the Brazilian construction. Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology, 2(11), p. 242-252. 2011.
- Online Panel: Ananias Interview – Women, Engineers and Fulfilled (Ananias Entrevista – Mulheres, Engenheiras e Realizadas). Associação Brasileira de Planejamento (ABRAPLAN), Brazil, January 28, 2021.
- Risk Management during the Planning Phase (Gestão de Riscos durante o Planejamento). UniLaSalle, Semana da Engenharia, I Seminário Brasileiro de Planejamento, Brazil, October 22, 2020.
- Webinar Risk Management ‘Bê á Bá’ (Bê á Bá Gerenciamento de Riscos). Associação Brasileira de Planejamento (ABRAPLAN), Brazil, September 29, 2020.
- Podcast Papo de Obra (Brazil), Episode 15 – Risk Management, October 2020.
- Podcast Mulheres na Engenharia (Brazil), Episode 61 – Risk Management, March 2020.