The Electrical Engineering Technology 2+2 Program is for students who have completed an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a related field prior to enrolling at UNC Charlotte. Students in the 2+2 program must complete all Prerequisite Courses either at their prior institution or within their first year at UNC Charlotte. In addition, they must complete the 62 credit hour Upper division curriculum.
Transfer admission into the ELET Program occurs in one of two situations:
- Transfer applicants not having the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree or its equivalent must meet general University admission requirements.
- Transfer applicants with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree must:
- Hold an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a field appropriate to the option they plan to enter. Acceptable AAS degrees include Computer, Controls, Design, Electrical, Electronics, Industrial, Instrumentation, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Optics, Robotics, or similar title with curriculum acceptable to the department. A minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) in the AAS degree is required.
- Have completed satisfactorily the prerequisite background courses for the option they plan to enter (missing background courses may be taken at UNC Charlotte).
Acceptance of a completed AAS degree indicates the acceptance of up to 64 semester credit hours toward the Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology degree program only. These hours may not be valid toward other degree programs at UNC Charlotte.
Prerequisites for Admission to the Electrical, Engineering Technology Programs
Students transferring with an AAS degree must have satisfactorily completed the following subjects in their two-year program:
- English Composition, Technical Writing and/or Public Speaking (3 semester hours)
- Algebra and Trigonometry (3-6)
- Differential and Integral Calculus (6)
- Physics I(with lab) (4)
- Physics II(with lab)(4)
- Technical Courses in Major Area as listed under Discipline Specific Prerequisites below (up to 38 hours)
Electrical Technical Prerequisites
- DC Circuits and AC Circuits with corresponding Laboratory
- Digital Circuits and Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Electronic Devices and Electronic Devices Laboratory
- Instrumentation or Programmable Logic Controllers and associated laboratory
- C Programming
If interested in a 2+2 program, please contact the academic advisor Ms. Jean Bradford (Jean.Bradford@uncc.edu) or the ELET Program Director Dr. Yamilka Baez-Rivera (YBaez-Rivera@uncc.edu) for questions and prioir to submitting your application to the program for an informal evaluation of credits.