Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Ph.D. in Building Engineering, Concordia University, Canada, 2005.
- M.E. in Construction Economics and Management, Tongji University, China, 1997.
- B.E. in Agricultural Building and Environmental Engineering, Shenyang Agricultural University, China, 1994
Both Ph.D. and Master positions are available immediately with graduate stipends. Students with a strong background in building HVAC systems, architectural engineering or automatic controls are strongly encouraged to apply. Inquiries should be sent to Dr. Weimin Wang at email@example.com with a current CV.
- Modeling, analysis, and control of building systems
- Sustainable building design and operation
- Building grid integration
- Smart campus and smart city technologies
- Wang W, S Katipamula, H Ngo, RM Underhill, DJ Taasevigen, and RG Lutes. 2015. Field evaluation of advanced controls for the retrofit of packaged air conditioners and heat pumps. Applied Energy. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.04.129
- Fernandez N, S Katipamula, W Wang, Y Huang, and G Liu. 2014. Energy savings modelling of re-tuning energy conservation measures in large office buildings. Journal of Building Performance Simulation, doi: 10.1080/19401493.2014.961032
- Wang W, S Katipamula, Y Huang, and MR Brambley. 2013. Energy savings and economics of advanced control strategies for packaged air conditioners with gas heat. Energy and Buildings, 65:497-507. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2013.06.033
- Wang, W and I Beausoleil-Morrison. 2009. Integrated simulation through the source-code coupling of component models from a modular simulation environment into a comprehensive building performance simulation tool. Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 2(2):115-126.
- Wang, W, I Beausoleil-Morrison, and R James. 2009. Evaluation of the Alberta air infiltration model using measurements and inter-model comparisons. Building and Environment, 44(2):309-318.
- Wang, W, H Rivard, and R Zmeureanu. 2006. Floor shape optimization for green building design. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 20(4): 363-378.
- Wang, W, R Zmeureanu, and H Rivard. 2005. Applying multi-objective genetic algorithms in green building design optimization. Building and Environment, 40(11): 1512-1525.
- Wang, W, H Rivard, and R Zmeureanu. 2005. An object-oriented framework for simulation based green building design optimization with genetic algorithms. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 19(1): 5-23.