Construction Management 2+2 Program
The Construction Management 2+2 Program is for students who have completed an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a related field prior to enrolling at UNC Charlotte. Students in the 2+2 program must complete all prerequisite courses either at their prior institution or within their first year at UNC Charlotte. In addition, the student must complete the 64 credit hour Upper division curriculum.
Transfer applicants not having the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree or its equivalent must meet University admission requirements.
Transfer applicants with AAS degrees must:
- Hold an AAS degree in a field from among: Architectural, Building Construction, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Design and Drafting, Surveying Technology, or similar title with curriculum acceptable to the department (It should be noted by potential transfer students that students with an AAS in Civil Engineering Technology are typically best positioned for entry to the program with fewest entrance deficiencies.);
- An overall GPA of at least 2.5 (based on the 4.0 system) on all courses taken at the technical institute or community college; and
- Have completed satisfactorily the prerequisite background courses for the program (a limited number of such background courses may be made up by taking them at UNC Charlotte).
Acceptance of the AAS degree indicates the acceptance of up to 64 hours toward the Bachelor of Science in Construction Management (BSCM) degree program only. These hours may not be valid toward other degree programs at UNC Charlotte.
There is considerable variance in the contents of technical programs throughout the United States. Should this result in entrance deficiencies, the student can usually remove these deficiencies at a community or technical college prior to admission to UNC Charlotte, or during the first year at UNC Charlotte.
A student must earn the last 30 semester hours of credit toward the degree and the last 12 semester hours of work in the major at UNC Charlotte to satisfy residence requirements.
Students must have satisfactorily completed the following subjects in their two-year associate degree program:
- English Composition and/or Technical Writing (6 semester hours)
- Algebra and Trigonometry (3)
- Differential and Integral Calculus (6)
- Analytical, Physical, or Environmental Science with Lab (8)
- Macro Economics (3)
- Construction Methods
- Construction Materials
- Strength of Materials
- Construction Surveying
- Computer-Aided Drafting
- Environmental Technology, Hydraulics, or Hydrology
- Engineering Technology Computing Applications